Thursday, December 8, 2011

An Octopus for Mrs H.


My sweet girl, Sparkle's and the purple Octopus preps had their school 
Christmas/break-up party today!
Each Child took a plate of food and a secret 
Santa present(such a great idea). Only one school day left for 2011.

This afternoon many of the parents arrived at school early to join in the fun and watch a very sad Mrs H present all the children with special gifts (books, octopus badge & a bauble). We then(the parents) surprised and spoiled Mrs H with a book with photos of the children(more tears) and a gift voucher for a holiday.

Me, being the sweetie that I am couldn't resist 
making Mrs H, something,


So I made her this cutie...

 
I found the pattern at Moda Bake Shop, earlier this year and
knew it would be the perfect gift.


Sparkle's helped me chose the fabric. As a final touch I stitched a 
heart on the tush with Sparkles name embroidered on it, so 
Mrs H will always remember my sweetie.


Mrs H loved her pretty Octopus!

A lovely gray & rainy sky in Brisbane this afternoon

I even impressed my hubby, he told me I astound him...

I have orders for more of them!
Happy Sewing
Linking to:
Sweet little Gals
Between U & Me
Yesterday On Tuesday
Vintage Wanna Bee
Bouffe e bambini
Night Owl Crafting
Polkadot on Parade
Trendy Treehouse
Not Just A Housewife
Embellishing life
Someday crafts
Free pretty things for you 
Blue Cricket Designs
Sew Much Ado
Clean & Scentsible

14 comments:

  1. This is just beyond adorable. I can't get over it. The heart on the bottom is such a great detail!

    Michaela @ coveredinmodpodge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How caaauuuutttee!!!! I love it and the colors are perfect! Thanks for linking up at Trendy Treehouse!!!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so super cute!!

    I would love for you to link up more awesome stuff at my new link party starting every Monday and lasting throughout the week!

    snap, craft & blog till your heart's {content} @ a content housewife {blog}

    -Lianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute little octapus! aww...

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just turned out darling! Good Job! Thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's almost too cute, and I love the fabrics that you used! I'll definitely have to make one of these for my lil one. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your octopus is so super cute, what a fantastic gift. Love the fabric yo-yos! Thank you for linking up to A Crafty Soiree! I think you did so through my blog partner Malia at Yesterday on Tuesday, but please visit my blog and see your feature on the newest one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute - what a great idea! Great job on all that detailed sewing :)


    Love for you to share it at my linky party here: http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/12/made-by-me-10-linky-party-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. this really turned out so cute! I am sure Mrs H loved it! thanks for sharing. we are featuring it in the blog, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest! We hope to see you again next week. and make sure to grab the featured button ^^)

    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    P.S. check out the contest and fun giveaway coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linked this up to my blog so my followers can find it! So cute!
    http://aworldofcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's time to vote for TSWL's Finest of December 2011! Votation is open until January 6. The winner will have then qualify to the TSWL's Finest of 2011 competition where the winner could win lots of prizes!

    Invite your followers and friends to vote for you!
    http://www.to-sew-with-love.com/2012/01/vote-for-tswls-finest-of-december-2011.html

    Happy New Year!


    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments!

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...